Terminal is my bread and butter at work and I usually have more than two Terminal window up side by side and switch between them. Here are some trick I learnt:
- To switch between the windows, use Command+`
- To jump to the first window, use Command+1. To jump to the second window, use Command+2 and so on
- If you have several tabs (new in Leopard), use Command+Shift+[ and Command+Shift+] to jump to the previous and next tab, respectively.
- Alternatively, you can always use the mouse to click on a window or tab to switch to it.
- I found out this cool tip which put the focus on the window by merely move the mouse cursor to it: from the terminal, issue the following command: defaults write com.apple.terminal FocusFollowsMouse -string YES and restart the terminal for the change to take effect. Thanks to CLIX (a fantastic collection of command-lines) for this tip.
Overall, I use the Command+<number> quite often, and rarely use the mouse.